Poppe Automotive Warehouse, INC was founded in 1922 by T.E. Poppe. Mr. James M. Black III purchased the firm in 1977. Under the direction of Mr. Black, Poppe Automotive Warehouse has experienced steady growth throughout the past 28 years. Originally located on Alamo st., Poppe Automotive Warehouse was later relocated to 716 S. Frio under the direction of Mr. Black. The firm occupies approximately 60,000 square feet and is an impressive distribution center serving approximately 200 jobbers, customers in Mexico, South America and the Middle East, as well as city and state agencies.